Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Wilhelmina Koningin der nederlanden

We purchase the above coin. It is a 10 cent piece with laurel leaves branches tied with a ribbon. Date is 1937
I am asking two questions 1 is how much is the coin worth?  The second is that I was led to believe that any old coin should not be cleaned. Is there any truth to that? Thank you for your time.

I believe that the coin you have is silver, however I do not know the condition.

As a silver piece, it is worth about $1 however, if it is in mint or proof condition, it could be worth more.

Also, do not clean coins, it ruins the value.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow