Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1742 silver ducaton

Question
I have a Dutch Silver Ducaton from the Hollandia shipwreck in 1743. I can make out any dates on the coin. I have certificates of authenticity and a certificate of information on the wreck. It is all in a frame. If you could give any kind of ballpark estimate that would be great.

Answer
Hello,

Its not clear from your question if you can or can not make out the date. If you can make out the date the value would be higher. If you can read the date and the condition is Good or better they sell for $35 to $50 on eBay and other coin sites.

If you can not read the date and the coin is in less than good condition the value would be from $8 to $25.

David McConaghy
Numismatist
New England Coin Exchange

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy