Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1742 silver ducaton

I have a Dutch Silver Ducaton from the Hollandia shipwreck in 1743. I can make out any dates on the coin. I have certificates of authenticity and a certificate of information on the wreck. It is all in a frame. If you could give any kind of ballpark estimate that would be great.

Its not clear from your question if you can or can not make out the date. If you can make out the date the value would be higher. If you can read the date and the condition is Good or better they sell for $35 to $50 on eBay and other coin sites.

If you can not read the date and the coin is in less than good condition the value would be from $8 to $25.

David McConaghy
New England Coin Exchange

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy

I can answer most questions about coin identification, grading and counterfeit detection. I can answer questions about US and Foreign coins & currency, ancient coins too.

30 years experience as a collector and dealer in rare coins ANA Numismatic Scholar Owner of New England Coin Exchange I have been buying and selling coins in RI for over 30 years

Professional Coin Grading Service - PCGS National Guaranty Corporation - NGC American Numismatic Association - ANA

Cityscape Merchant Circle Numismatic News eBay Providence Journal Bulletin All Experts

Numismatic Scholar Certificate - American Numismatic Association BSEE - New England Institute of Electronics