Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1776-1976 half dollar coin

Mr,Fern my question is i have a 1776-1976 kennedy half dollar it has a wierd object on his neck
and in the word LIBERTY the bottom of the E is missing,it has the
indepence hall on the rear of the coin the H in Hall is not there and the E at
the end of indepence is faded away.Is there any way you can tell me
what i got here.I dont really know nothing about coins.thank you for taking your time
on reading this.

From your description, the front of your coin is normal. The is is missing the lower portion of it in "LIBERTY" as designed. The weird object on the neck is a "GR" for the designer's initials, Gilroy Roberts. The reverse is likely a filled die error where grease, dirt, gunk, got trapped into portions of the die surface and blocked out portions of the lettering. It would likely have a value of $5 to $10 to an interested error collector.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern

I can answer most all questions relating to US coins, tokens, and currency. I'm not strong on world coins or ancients. Primary field of expertise is errors and varieties. Over 55 years experience in coin collecting. Part time dealer since 1976. Employed by McDonnell Douglas/Boeing for over 34 years as an Industrial Engineer/Technical Specialist before retiring in 2002.

Worked weekends for "Lonesome" John in the late 1960's to mid 1970's processing error coins, packaging, and preparing orders. Worked with John Devine and Fred Weinberg on several California Error A Rama's in the early 1970's. Served as display judge at annual Error-A-Rama coin shows. Opened and operated mail order coin business DBA "CAL ERRORS" in 1976. Contributor to Alan Herbert's "Official Price Guide To Mint Errors" and Fivaz/Stanton "Cherrypickers' Guide". Worked Saturdays at Huntington Beach Coin Exchange 1980-1999. Had table and sold coins at a number of coin and gun shows in So CA, AZ and NV. Sell coins, tokens and currency on Facebook. Past "Errorscope" Editor. Presently CONECA Examiner.

Errorscope, Numismatic News, Civil War Token Journal, Error and Variety News

AA Degree LBCC pre Engineering, 1964 BS Degree CSULB Ind Technology, 1968

1st Place EAR Trophy for Civil War Token Errors, NLG Author of Year Award for best monthly coin column "Error News and Views" in small Numismatic paper, owned and published by Ray Anthony.