Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1867 Hong Kong Dollar

Question
1867 hong kong dollar
1867 hong kong dollar  

1867 Hong Kong Dollar
1867 Hong Kong Dollar  
Hi Dmitry.
I have a 1867 Hong Kong Dollar, can you tell from the images if  it is a genuine coin ? it ways 27.00 grams Queen Victoria on obverse side and when this is rotated from left to right the reverse side shows Kong at the top of the coin, as the images show. Is this orientation correct ?

Answer
Hi Gareth,
The weight of 27.00 grams is slightly too heavy. An this "coin alignment", with the two sides facing opposite direction is incorrect. These are supposed to be "medal alignment", where both sides are oriented in the same direction.
Based on these two pieces of evidence it would appear the coin is a modern forgery. The details in the pictures are quite good, so it is of much better quality than typically seen copies of this coin.
Thanks for the question.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits