Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1990 Roosevelt dime mint mark

Question
d stamped over s mint mark
d stamped over s mint  

1990 Roosevelt dime
1990 Roosevelt dime  
I have a 1990 Roosevelt dime with d mint mark stamped over s and wanted to see if you could give me any information on what kind of value it could have or bring. Any information would be appreciated.

Answer
Hi Chris,

I am not so sure that it is a D over S.  I don't see any part of an S other than what is inside the D.  That said, a mintmark is raised because the die is incuse. Could it simply be a chip in the die?  I can't tell.

I suggest you send the coin to NGC for certification.  NGC stands for Numismatic Guarantee Corp.
You can google the company and submit the coin directly to them.  There is a fee, but it could be well worth it.

Good Luck

Joe Hylas
Omega Precious Metals

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas