Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1990 Roosevelt dime mint mark

d stamped over s mint mark
d stamped over s mint  

1990 Roosevelt dime
1990 Roosevelt dime  
I have a 1990 Roosevelt dime with d mint mark stamped over s and wanted to see if you could give me any information on what kind of value it could have or bring. Any information would be appreciated.

Hi Chris,

I am not so sure that it is a D over S.  I don't see any part of an S other than what is inside the D.  That said, a mintmark is raised because the die is incuse. Could it simply be a chip in the die?  I can't tell.

I suggest you send the coin to NGC for certification.  NGC stands for Numismatic Guarantee Corp.
You can google the company and submit the coin directly to them.  There is a fee, but it could be well worth it.

Good Luck

Joe Hylas
Omega Precious Metals

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow