Coin and Paper Money Collecting/coin value

QUESTION: I got a silver 1885s seated liberty dime in good con. and i would like too know the value of coin.

ANSWER: Hi Cesar,

Without seeing it, I can only go by your description.  In grade GOOD, it has a dealer value of about $300 and a retail value of about $350

If you provide magnified pictures of both sides, I can verify if it's worth more or less.

I hope this helps,

QUESTION: Hi Dan my question is a few years back i purchase red book i think it was 2000 edition and i seen the price of 5,500 hundred in excellent condition ''not'' it's been in circulation and it's in perfect condition not a scratch on it. was the book wrong or did coin prices drop.thank you Cesar.

Hi Cesar,

You've done what most people do when looking up their coins -- you went to the highest grade column in the price guide -- the upper mint state column.  But in your original question, you stated "good" condition, which is the first column on the left, for grade GOOD.  That's why I gave you the value for grade GOOD.

Anyhow, to be worth that high price for a mint state coin, you prettymuch need to have it certified & encapsulated, to make sure it really is mint state, and that it really is genuine, and that it has no problems (like cleaning to make it shiny).  If you get it certified, and it receives an MS60 or better grade, you can certainly get those thousands of dollars for it.

Certification services :

Like I said before, if you provide clear, magnified pictures of both sides, I can provide a more precise estimate of its value.

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College