Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Dime Error

2007 Dime
2007 Dime  

07 dime #2
07 dime #2  
There is a ridge (almost like the die was cracked).  Here are a few pictures of the dime.  If you have any more questions please let me know.  It's a 2007 P that is in excellent condition.  The color in the licture is due to the lighting.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the pictures.

It looks like a planchet lamination error - a defect in the making of the coin blank, causing the outer layer to seperate & peel up when it was struck.

Not a major eror, it's worth $5 to $10

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College