Coin and Paper Money Collecting/penny with no date and missing letters

Question
Penny no date
Penny no date  

Penny no date
Penny no date  
Thank you so much for taking the time to look at this. I am a novice collector and recently went through 15 rolls of penny's and found this penny in great shape with no date and missing letters. There is slight mark of the date so it looks like the die barely touched the surface but I can't make out the numbers. It's possible it can be 1995 but really hard to say. I see no scuffing or rubbing marks under a magnifying glass. I have not come across anything like it. Also the b and e are missing from "liberty" and the y is barely there. Have you seen this and is it rare? Would you be able to estimate its value? The reverse is Lincoln memorial. It feels like zinc but I have not weighed it. By hand it feels lighter than a copper. Thank you again for your time.
Best,
Jay

Answer
Hi Jason

You can send that coin to ANACS for inspection and certification.  It appears to me, from the photo, that this may be a "struck through" coin.

The dies have caps on them that are removed before striking the planchet.  If the cap is not removed, the details are similar to what you have.  But I can't determine that from a photo.

Regards
Joe

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas