Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Belgium Léopold I, 5 Centimes

Belgium, Léopold I, 5 Centimes
Belgium, Léopold I, 5  

Belgium, Léopold I, 5 Centimes
Belgium, Léopold I, 5  
Hello, i have a coin Belgium Léopold I, 5 Centimes 1834, it is unique, because one side is normal,but another side is upside down. Words is not well visible. So, I would like to know value of this coin.

Coins of this type are made where one side point in the opposite direction of the other. This is called "coin alignment". If you hold the coin and turn it over sideways, the other side will be upside-down. Some coins have "medal alignment", where both sides are in the same direction, but these coins were not made this way.
Thanks for the question.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).