Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Friedrich Grosherzog Von Baden coin or medal

Question
Front
Front  

Back
Back  
I have a coin (or medal) from 1908 with Friedrich Grosherzog Von Baden on the front and words on the back.  It looks like Zum Andenken den 26 Mai 1908. What can you tell me about this.

Answer
Hi Vaughn,
This is a generic medal. It would have been mass produced as a blank without any inscription on the back and would have been used for whatever purpose the customer deemed necessary. This one is inscribed as "to commemorate May 26th 1908". Without any further inscriptions it is not possible to reference what this is in regards to.
The interesting thing is that Friedrich died in 1907, so  this blank medal was a "leftover" and was used postmortem.
It is a very nicely struck medal and appears to be silver. Without any solid history as to what it was inscribed for, it's worth around $50-$75 on the auction market, and $100 or so direct from a dealer.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits