Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Friedrich Grosherzog Von Baden coin or medal

I have a coin (or medal) from 1908 with Friedrich Grosherzog Von Baden on the front and words on the back.  It looks like Zum Andenken den 26 Mai 1908. What can you tell me about this.

Hi Vaughn,
This is a generic medal. It would have been mass produced as a blank without any inscription on the back and would have been used for whatever purpose the customer deemed necessary. This one is inscribed as "to commemorate May 26th 1908". Without any further inscriptions it is not possible to reference what this is in regards to.
The interesting thing is that Friedrich died in 1907, so  this blank medal was a "leftover" and was used postmortem.
It is a very nicely struck medal and appears to be silver. Without any solid history as to what it was inscribed for, it's worth around $50-$75 on the auction market, and $100 or so direct from a dealer.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).