Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Gold Bicentennial half dollar

Question
Pin
Pin  

Pin
Pin  
We were cleaning out an old house and came across this coin pin. I looked it up as well as I could to identify it but did not have any luck. I was wondering if you knew what it was and could give me some information about it. It was in a box with a blue velvet cardboard holder, a short description/history of JFK, and gold coin glued to the cardboard with the eagle back showing.

Answer
Trent:
Just a normal Kennedy 50c piece someone put in a bezel, likely as a jewelry piece. If the mintmark below the bust is a "D", it is a clad coin, having only face value. If it has a "S" mintmark, it is struck in 40% silver and has a melt value of $2.33 with silver at about $15.77 a troy ounce. I can't make the MM out from the pics.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern