Coin and Paper Money Collecting/old coins or not?

I found some old coins or not so old. I don't know if they all silver but I do see some copper on rims. Not an expert. I'll mention a few .. 1921 silver dollar *not sure if its silver*,1922 dollar coin says Peace on it,  1942 & 43,  50 cent piece, 1979 maybe susan Anthony liberty one dollar coin. 2000 liberty gold in color one dollar coin. I can probably email you pictures of all or some of my coins if you'd like.
and about 40 or so wheat pennys. Am I rich. lol thank you for your time and expertise.

Hi Jackie,

Any dimes, quarters, half dollars, and dollars that are dated 1964 or older are going to be 90% silver.  The dollars will be worth $15 or more, and the smaller denominations will be worth about 10 times their face value ($2.50 for a quarter, etc.).

Also, half dollars dated 1965 to 1970 are 40% silver and are worth about $2 (or more) each.

And nickels dated 1942 to 1945, that have a big letter P, D, or S above the building on the back, are 35% silver and are worth about 75 cents apiece.

The 1979 and 2000 dollar coins are spendable, and wheat pennies are generally worth about 2.5 cents apiece.

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College