Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1791 silver coin

Can you send me photos of all the coins you know of the that were minted that year? Also is it a possibility that it might have been minted in England? Just asking cuz I had heard learned that many US coins minted during this time had been made in England, like the first coins with Washington on them, since he did not want his face on money during his life. So just asking bout it. On the tail side is a scene of farming I believe, only saw a photo on his phone for a moment. I believe the head side was a picture of Columbia. I might also have mistaken a second coin. I will double check with him. But the information you have told me is a great place to start. I will be happy to share what I've learned so far with hi!m. Thank you for your assistance.

Hey Seth,

The best thing you could do is to go to and do a search for 1791 in the coin & currency section.  This will show you pictures of hundreds of coins.

From the sounds of it, there's a good chance it could be what's known as a Conder token.

Good luck!

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College