Coin and Paper Money Collecting/palo seco coins

palo seco coins
palo seco coins  
I am enclosing some images of the Palo Seco coin collection I have.
Recently I believe a collection sold for around $30k at Heritage Auctions.
If this is correct maybe this would be a good time to sell them or would it be a better investment to keep them in hopes the values would increase through the years?
Heritage Auctions seems to be the place to sell such things unless I can find private collectors that might pay more.
Again I greatly appreciate your service and I would like to contribute some money to you.
Don Massey

Hi Don,
Sorry for the delay in responding to your question.
You have a lovely set here. The dollar token is the rarest among the group. Yes a large auction such as Heritage or Stack's would be the best option for selling them. They will need to be certified and graded by a reputable company such as NGC or PCGS. The auction house can assist you in getting this done, likely having it done on your behalf.
As far as to sell or invest... that's anyone's guess. The market for certain coins types waxes and wanes same as the prices of precious metals, currencies, stocks, etc.
Thanks for the question.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).