Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Identifying my grandfathers coins

Photos of coins
Photos of coins  

Other side
Other side  
There are a few coins I can't identify and specifically two which only have Asian writing that's is very worn. My grandfather passed in 2010 and this is the first time we have really sat down and looked into each one. Curious to know where the coins are from and  to know papa a little more, if you would please help us . Here are some pictures of a couple I wish there was more information to give you but this is not my field of expertise :)

The smaller coin is from Japan. The denomination is 1 sen, this type was made under emperor Yoshihito from 1916 to 1924. All years are pretty common as they were produced in large numbers in the tens and hundreds of millions.
The second coin is from China and the denomination is 10 cash. There are many different varieties that were made throughout the late 1800s and early 1900s, most being common but also some that are scarce or even rare. Unfortunately I cannot make out enough of the coin from the picture to identify the exact year or variety.
Thanks for the question :)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).