Coin and Paper Money Collecting/info and value

Chinese coins one side
Chinese coins one side  

Chinese coins other side
Chinese coins other si  
I've recently came across a box of coins which appear to have come from china. Could you please tell me a little about these coins such as value and so forth. Also, I have been reading that there are many fake in chinese coins. Is there somewhere that I can learn to identify the fakes. Thank you in advance for your great help.

Hi Robert,
These are modern copies. Such pieces are often found online and at flea markets for just a dollar or two each.
As far as identifying counterfeits, when dealing with photographs it requires a familiarity with genuine coins and an eye for details or appearance that doesn't look right.
Having the coins in hand is a bit easier, except when dealing with very high quality copies.
The coins you have here are made of a lightweight alloy. Genuine examples are made of high purity silver and weigh in the 26-27 gram range. These here are typically lightweight at around 20 grams give or take a couple.
Thanks for the question :)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).