Coin and Paper Money Collecting/(16) 1964 Silver JFK Half Dollars

Question
All 16
All 16  
Coin
Coin  
QUESTION: Hello. I have 16 of these coins that are all marked with a D mint marking on the back. FG marking is also on the back. They all appear to be uncirculated or in excellent near mint condition . I think they also have the accented hair. I would like to know the value of these coins and if you would be interested in them. I will attach a couple of pictures of them and can supply more if needed.

ANSWER: Hi Calvin,

Thank you for the pictures.

While the coins look nice, they cannot be the accented hair variety -- that variety only occured on the 1964 halves from the Philadelphia Mint (no mint mark), and only on the proof strike coins, whereas yours came from the Denver Mint (D mint mark), and are business strike coins.

They made A LOT (over 430 million all together) of the 1964 half dollars -- more than any other year for silver halves.  This makes them considered common by collectors and are valued only for the silver they contain (just under 1/3 ounce each) -- currently about $5 apiece.

I know it's not a lot, but if $80 works for you, you can ship them to me here :
Dan Moore
P.O. Box 125
Monroe, MI 48161-0125

Once received, I will respond quickly with your payment.

Thanks!

Dan

QUESTION: Hello Dan, sorry your email went to my spam and I didn't know it. That sounds fine. I have a paypal for payment. My email is  for my paypal.

Answer
Business Card
Business Card  
OK Calvin,

Go ahead and pack them tightly and ship them to me here :

Dan Moore
P.O. Box 125
Monroe, MI 48161-0125

Once received, I will respond quickly with your $80 payment.

AllExperts does not show me your email address, so be sure to either include it with your shipment, or send me an email at working.man@usa.net from the email account you use for PayPal.

Thanks!

Dan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore