Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Ancient coin

Bought this coin in Israel just at front of the church of the holy sepulcher!however i lost the paper with the coin info during my trip back home and dont really know what it is...can you please help me identify this coin? thanks

Sorry I haven't got the notification about your question until today.
It looks to me like a (medieval not ancient) Islamic coin, with Arabic script (Mamluks or around that geographical area), but without a photo of the other side I can't make a better ID, sorry. You can try to upload a pic of the other side as well if you want.
Warm regards!

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Bogdan C.

I can answer questions regarding certain Eastern European medieval coins, especially coins issued in Wallachia / Walachei/ Transalpina / Tara Romaneasca, Moldavia / Moldawien / Moldau / Moldova, Transylvania / Siebenbürgen / Transilvania for which I can usually make rough estimates of value based on past public sales. Medieval coinage of Serbia, Bulgaria, Hungary is also a field of interest but I usually can provide only identification, not evaluation, because of insufficient bibliography. Questions about coins of the Ottoman Empire and of the Golden Horde might get answer if you allow double of the usual time of 2 days. I cannot answer questions about medieval coins of Western European states or any Russian coins except Sadagura issues (1771-1774), nor questions about ancient or modern coins. NOTE: I will need to see at least a decent picture or a scan of any specific coin you ask about (with both sides, obverse and reverse). Please do not ask what a coin is worth without sending clear images of it along with your question.

Over 20 years of coin collecting as a hobby (ended, switching to study of other public and private collections), access to good numismatic libraries and various online and offline resources.

Member of Romanian Numismatic Society.

Cercetari Numismatice (Bucuresti)/ Numismatic Research (Bucharest).

Biochemistry graduate, History undergraduate.