Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Extremely rare 1997 d DDR penny

1997 d penny DDR
1997 d penny DDR  

Number 2
Number 2  
What is the estimated value of my 1997 d penny with a DDR? It also has ribbed surfaces which I can't find any examples of. It is in very good condition so hopefully it's my lucky day. I believe it may also have the extra ear lobe but I have a hard time with that one. I will send you a picture. It's truly incredible. Thanks for your information and time.

Hi Bob,

I do not see a double die reverse.  If anything, I see a die shift.  For it to be a DDR, everything would be doubled, I just can't see it.

But, you can have it authenticated by PCGS or NGC.  If it is a DDR, it is quite rare and you would need to do the certification anyway to sell it if you want top dollar.

God Luck

Joe Hylas
Omega Precious Metals

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow