Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Mexico 1906 50 centavo coin

Could you help me identify the difference between the "open" and "closed" 9 varieties in the Mexican 1906 50 centavo coin?

Thank you for your answer.

Hello Garry,

The best I can do here is refer you to a site that will show you examples. This link will show you an open 9 -

The closed 9 will almost look like an 8 - there will be very little separation on the left side of the number.

I hope this helps you to compare your coin.

David McConaghy  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy

I can answer most questions about coin identification, grading and counterfeit detection. I can answer questions about US and Foreign coins & currency, ancient coins too.

30 years experience as a collector and dealer in rare coins ANA Numismatic Scholar Owner of New England Coin Exchange I have been buying and selling coins in RI for over 30 years

Professional Coin Grading Service - PCGS National Guaranty Corporation - NGC American Numismatic Association - ANA

Cityscape Merchant Circle Numismatic News eBay Providence Journal Bulletin All Experts

Numismatic Scholar Certificate - American Numismatic Association BSEE - New England Institute of Electronics