Coin and Paper Money Collecting/penny coin

I have a georgivs del gra: britt: omn:rex coin 1916
I have seen images of these on ebay... but none with
what looks like a lion on a crown imaged on the back
the coin is fairly worn and silver

Hi Pam,

Your coin is from Great Britain.  It could be either a 6 pence or shilling -- both have the same King George the 5th / lion atop crown design.

If it is 19.5 mm wide, it is a 6 pence, which contains .08 oz of silver, and will be worth about $2 in average condition.

If it is 23.5 mm wide, it is a shilling, which contains .17 oz of silver, and will be worth about $4 in average condition.

Either one would be considered a common date for the series.  Higher grade examples sell for significantly more money.

You can find ebay listings of coins that have actually sold here :

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College