Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Series 1957B Silver certificate

Question
Hello, I have a one dollar silver certificate series 1957B in my collection.  The signature of the Secretary of the Treasury on the bill is C. Douglas Dillon.  I looked him up and it said that he became Secretary of the Treasury January 21, 1961.  How is it that his name appears on my silver certificate dated series 1957B? I would deeply appreciate any information that you can give me about it. Thank you.

Answer
Good question!
This is one I never came across, and honestly had to research it.
What I found was that the date was actually indicative of a design change, not necessarily when the note was printed.  Sounds crazy but that is what I read.

Needless to say, all 1957 silver cents have the signature.

Thanks, I learned something today as well.

Regards
Joe

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas