Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1997 D Penny Blank on Tails Side

Hi David I just have a quick question.I got this penny in change one day and my question is did they misprint the 1997 D Penny to where it blank on the tails side? Or did someone intentionally do this it is very smooth so I'm not sure.If you could please help me to determine it was a misprint I would appreciate it and if it is what is the value on something like this? Thank you for your time.Greg

Hi Greg,

I would love to answer this coin but I am at a disadvantage when I can not see the coin. If what you say is true it has a lot of value but I can not give you a concrete answer without seeing the coin. Please attach a clear high resolution photo of each side of the coin and I will be happy to determine what you have there.

David Mc

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy

I can answer most questions about coin identification, grading and counterfeit detection. I can answer questions about US and Foreign coins & currency, ancient coins too.

30 years experience as a collector and dealer in rare coins ANA Numismatic Scholar Owner of New England Coin Exchange I have been buying and selling coins in RI for over 30 years

Professional Coin Grading Service - PCGS National Guaranty Corporation - NGC American Numismatic Association - ANA

Cityscape Merchant Circle Numismatic News eBay Providence Journal Bulletin All Experts

Numismatic Scholar Certificate - American Numismatic Association BSEE - New England Institute of Electronics