Coin and Paper Money Collecting/mis struck one pound 2006 coin

Question
mis struck pound coin
mis struck pound coin  
dear sir
i have a 2006 mis struck coin .the royal mint say it is genuine.and advised me to contact collectors ect to see if it would have any value.it is mis struck on the tails side,the royal mint say the most likely explanation is that the strip from which the blank was struck contained a casting defect.attached is aphoto it is not so high quality but you can see the error
thankyou for your time
Chri Russell

Answer
Hello Chris,

Since the Royal Mint has confirmed the error you can send it to PCGS or NGC to have it encapsulated and authenticated. It is difficult to determine the exact value but I would suspect that an error like this could sell for $50 to $250 - more if there are not a lot of similar examples.

David Mc

Hello Chris,

What you describe is interesting and if the coin is misstruck it would have some value. The photo that you attached is not clear enough to make any identification and I would need to see both sides. Please send a clear, color accurate photo and I will do my best to identify and value this for you.

David McConaghy
New England Coin Exchange

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy