Coin and Paper Money Collecting/I have a penny I need an answer on PlZ

Question
We have a 1977 that has no back it is almost like it is Hollow the front is in good shape but there is no back  to the penny would like to know it's worth

Answer
Hello Ronnie,
I did not get your original question? So I did not see this posting ---- ?
However;
Look carefully at the edge of your coin.

The way coins are made is the Anvil or bottom die is stationary below the collar that holds the loaded one cent blank. The coins are fed into the collar very fast after the raised edge is (rim) imparted to the blank. If two blanks were stuck together it should not have gone into the feeder mechanism.
If a cent was stuck on the anvil die when the Hammer die came down it would have spread the coin (broad struck) since it was not held in the collar. All I have seen are made off center and have a depressed image of the coin that was stuck on the anvil die.

It is possible to machine off the design, but only for pre 1982 U S Cents.

These coins are usually a dollar if actually caused by a process at the US Mint.

Please remember to rate this answer at the bottom of this page. And check the nomination box on the rating page below any comments you may have.

Sorry I could not be more help.

Thank You and Good Luck

PapaJack  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

PAPAJACK