Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Sri Lankan Banknotes

Earlier Issue
Earlier Issue  

Old Issue
Old Issue  
Dear Sir,

I am a banknote enthusiast & a collector of banknotes from India.
I have a some collection of banknotes from across the world but only one from Sri Lanka.
Ever since I have seen Sri Lankan currency I am quite fascinated by it.
Specially the old bird series, its very beautiful.
I am interested in collection of banknotes from Sri Lanka.
I would be interested in procuring the sets of banknotes & can it be shipped to India? Is there any possible means for procuring banknotes of Sri Lanka in uncirculated condition.
I am attaching herewith the images of of Sri Lankan banknotes & the earlier issue which i would be interested.

Kindly advise.

Thanking You,

Sushil R.

I am a collector and not a dealer. I do not sell or trade in coins or Currency.
It also not legal to post Sri Lanka currency by Mail without Central Bank permission which is time consuming to get.
I suggest that you look at online sites such as eBay which has a wide variety of Sri Lankan currency notes for sale. If you do visit Sri Lanka any time please contact me and I can provide you with some contacts.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dr Kavan Ratnatunga

I can only answer any question regarding Paper Money, coins and Tokens that circulated in Ceylon/Sri Lanka of any era which extends back to 300 BCE. I maintain website which may help you identify your coin. If Country is any other or unknown, coin should have been found in Sri Lanka. Please Do not ask questions about any coins or currency of other countries including USA. Thank You.

I maintain since 1998 the largest website on Ceylon/Sri Lankan coins and Tokens with over 600 pages.

President Sri Lanka Numismatic Society founded in 1976

Sunday Times NewsPaper of Sri Lanka. See

BSc MS PhD in Physics/Astronomy Diploma in Museology

Contributor on Ceylon/Sri Lanka for Krause Standard Catalogs of World Coins and Paper Money.