Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Unknown Foreign Arabic Coin

Side 1
Side 1  

Side 2
Side 2  
Hi there, I was curious if you can help me identify this coin. I collect many coins but can't identify this particular one as I don't know the language. I thought it looked like Iran Karn types of coins but I'm not sure what it is, where its from and what year and denomination it is..

Thanks so much for your time.

Sorry for the delay in answering your question.
What you have is not a coin, it is an ornamental piece that is loosely based on coin designs from Ottoman Algeria. These were commonly used to adorn dancers (belly dancers and such).
Thanks for the question

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).