Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Value of coins

Question
Dear sir
I have a 1916 "Tabora Pound" 15 Rupien Gold Coin from German East Africa. Apparently it is the less rare type "B" (EF).
I also have a Katanga 5 Francs 1961 gold coin (mint).
Will you able to give an approximate value and where I can sell these coins, please.
Thankyou

Answer
Both types of the 15 rupien are of about equal scarcity. Grading companies such as NGC and PCGS do not even bother to note which type a coin is on the holders. A genuine example in EF condition is worth in the range of $2,500 to $3,000 depending on overall eye appeal.
The Katanga coin is worth $550-$600, and more if it's an exceptional quality mint state example.
The best place I know to sell them at auction is through Heritage auctions. You likely have auction companies where you are, but I am not familiar with companies in that country.
Another option is to consign them for sale through a major dealer. The 15 rupien would need to be certified by a reputable grading company as it is very commonly faked, and most collectors would not buy one unless certified or being sold through a well known dealer or auction.
Thanks for the question.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits