Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1994 misprint half dollar

Question
1994 misprint
1994 misprint  
Hello my name is Milo I am looking to see if my coin is a mis print or damaged. Its a 1994 half dollar missing 4th in from in God we trust and the 19 from 1994 does not appear to be damaged. Looking for more information because I saw one similar selling for $425.00 usd

Answer
Based on the photo, and limited data provided, your coin likely is a mint error known as a filled or greased die strike. This happens when lubricant, dirt, grime and metal chips can "fill" the die surface and prevent the coins from being fully struck. It is a repetitive type error, and would happen for as long as the die was used, or until noticed by the press operator, and fixed. I'm guessing the reverse strike is normal. Estimated value of this error to an interested collector would likely be in the $10 to $25 range. Good luck in your collecting.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern