Coin and Paper Money Collecting/odd penny

Question
I found a penny where the top half is mostly there the bottom is blank, and the flip side the top is mostly there and the bottom half is blank

Answer
Hello Dorothy,

Its difficult to get you a specific answer without seeing a photo of the coin but here is what I think you have.

It sounds like you have a partial off center coin - when this happens both sides take a partial image and still retain a lot of the blank planchet. If you can see the date the value is higher than one not showing the date.

If you send a photo I will let you know a specific value and what percentage off center it is.

David McConaghy
Numismatist
New England Coin Exchange

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy