Coin and Paper Money Collecting/odd penny

I found a penny where the top half is mostly there the bottom is blank, and the flip side the top is mostly there and the bottom half is blank

Hello Dorothy,

Its difficult to get you a specific answer without seeing a photo of the coin but here is what I think you have.

It sounds like you have a partial off center coin - when this happens both sides take a partial image and still retain a lot of the blank planchet. If you can see the date the value is higher than one not showing the date.

If you send a photo I will let you know a specific value and what percentage off center it is.

David McConaghy
New England Coin Exchange

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy

I can answer most questions about coin identification, grading and counterfeit detection. I can answer questions about US and Foreign coins & currency, ancient coins too.

30 years experience as a collector and dealer in rare coins ANA Numismatic Scholar Owner of New England Coin Exchange I have been buying and selling coins in RI for over 30 years

Professional Coin Grading Service - PCGS National Guaranty Corporation - NGC American Numismatic Association - ANA

Cityscape Merchant Circle Numismatic News eBay Providence Journal Bulletin All Experts

Numismatic Scholar Certificate - American Numismatic Association BSEE - New England Institute of Electronics