Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1988p 2 head copper nickel

I inquired a couple of days ago about this, why copper and without Hollow sound.
answer was "I don't know. boredom maybe". That doesn't help me at all.
let me try this once more but with a different question: is it possible for an employee at the mint to monkey with the process and create this?

Hello Dave,

Please note that I am not the person who replied to your last question - I would never have given such a reply.

Mint employees by design do not have opportunities to "monkey" with the process. They employee strict quality control measures and all of the machines, processes and inventory is closely monitored.

If you can send me some pictures of your coin I think I can identify what you have.

David McConaghy

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy

I can answer most questions about coin identification, grading and counterfeit detection. I can answer questions about US and Foreign coins & currency, ancient coins too.

30 years experience as a collector and dealer in rare coins ANA Numismatic Scholar Owner of New England Coin Exchange I have been buying and selling coins in RI for over 30 years

Professional Coin Grading Service - PCGS National Guaranty Corporation - NGC American Numismatic Association - ANA

Cityscape Merchant Circle Numismatic News eBay Providence Journal Bulletin All Experts

Numismatic Scholar Certificate - American Numismatic Association BSEE - New England Institute of Electronics