Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Do I have a collector penny and is it of any value?

My coin
My coin  
I have a penny that is stamped 1970, it also has the moon landing on it. But the difference that mine has is I can't find a 1970 coin only 1969 coins with this on it, and mine also gives the date of 7-20-69 stamped on it verses just July 20 as with the 1969 coin. Would it be a collectors item? Do any others exist? What is the value if any?

Hi Dale,

Thank you for the picture.

What you have would be more accurately described as a novelty item, made by somebody with a metal punch.  The fact that it's on a 1970 penny doesn't really mean anything.

Value-wise, it's worth about a dollar, if you can find an interested collector.

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College