Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Value of a 1943 German coin

Just curious as to the value. It's a 1 with mint mark of A an is in excellent shape

It's a 1 pfennig minted in Berlin. This is one of the most common date and mint marks, with over 372 million made. In average circulated condition it's worth a couple dollars. Many times these coins, being made of zinc, develop powdery white spots on the surface, and that will reduce their value to less than a dollar. Lustrous uncirculated examples are harder to find and are worth significantly more.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).