Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Possible coin error

Question
Dime
Dime  
QUESTION: My friend sent me a picture of his 1974 dime wondering if there is a miniting error on it. I couldn't find anything online like it, and I'm not sure if it is an error, or just some kind of dent.

ANSWER: Pic is of a 74 Half Dollar. You don't say if the reverse of your coin is normal. Re-ask the question and let me know what I asked about the reverse and/or add a pic. In addition, I'd like to know if this is the correct coin, or you send a wrong pic for the dime error you asked about.

Front
Front  

Back
Back  
QUESTION: Ok yeah sorry its the right picture I just mixed up the names it is a half dollar. And yeah the area where the marks are, its pressed into the back and there are small lumps there on the other side.

Answer
With the added description and pics, your odd coin, in my opinion, was created after it was struck and is considered post-mint damage. The key is the reverse, where there is distortion. This would not have happened if the planchet on the obverse were defective, and struck in the die chamber normally. Your coin has no added numismatic value.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern