Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Saudi Arabia Guinea - how to tell real 1950 guinea from restrike

Question
Hello.
I was given a Gold Saudi Arabia Guinea as a gift from my wife and the label on the package says it is from 1950.  How can I tell if it is an original 1950 guinea or a restrike?  Pictures I've seen online of originals and restrikes look the same?  My coin has a stylized 1 on one side between the palm trees and crossed swords on the other.

Thanks for your help

Answer
There aren't official restrikes, though there are some privately made ones. This is a popular practice in the mid-east and done with other coins such as British sovereigns. The ones I have seen of the 1950 Guinea are stamped with "MOM22", and are pure 22kt gold. The extra stamp is for legality purposes, and signifies the gold purity as well as the maker.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits