Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Forgeries in Galle

Question
"1 stuiver" Galle Fort
"1 stuiver" Galle Fort  
Good day Dr Ratnatunga

It seems like I was duped by the same people as in your page (which I found after it was too late).
Only now can I see other letters upside down on the back. Since there's such an old history here one thinks that they might have struck emergency coins in the fort at some point. They're good salesmen, I hope my Rs2000 will put food in a hungry person's stomach..

Maybe the attached photo could help serve as a warning to others.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Kind regards
De Waal Immelman
South Africa

Answer
As they say always read about the coins before you buy.

You see these scammers even in this Youtube Video

I met this guy many years after I posted that page with his picture selling Galle Fakes.
He pleaded with me to say he no longer sells fakes :-)
Two weeks later I met a collector from Netherlands who had been taken in by him.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dr Kavan Ratnatunga