Coin and Paper Money Collecting/The treasure Coins of the Carribean

These coins have a 20 dollar value,  on ebay it says you can get complete set for 300$.  If they are legal tender and I have complete coin set 25 solid sterling silver,why aren't they worth $500.00

Many such coins are made as "legal tender" but in practice they are not. As in, banks and merchants will not accept them at face value. This is true for many countries that are in the business of releasing collectible only coins, such as Palau, Marshall islands, Niue and many others.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).