Coin and Paper Money Collecting/The treasure Coins of the Carribean

Question
These coins have a 20 dollar value,  on ebay it says you can get complete set for 300$.  If they are legal tender and I have complete coin set 25 solid sterling silver,why aren't they worth $500.00

Answer
Many such coins are made as "legal tender" but in practice they are not. As in, banks and merchants will not accept them at face value. This is true for many countries that are in the business of releasing collectible only coins, such as Palau, Marshall islands, Niue and many others.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits