Coin and Paper Money Collecting/coin

howdy Jim. I have a Ireland 1945 6 pence coin. I think 400,000 were made. it is fine to very fine condition. how much will the coin be worth. what is a penny good luck charm worth.thans for any info.

Ken, if you go to and do a search for "Ireland 1945 six pence" you'll see quite a few for sale and the price.  Please keep in mind that just because someone is asking for $400 or $103 doesn't mean that is the value unless they get some buyers.  I see one circulated one for sale at $10.  

A good luck encased cent charm will vary by price, you can see quite a few at eBay as well, searching for encased coin or lucky penny and they'll sell in the $3 to $20 range unless they are very special.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Jim Lawniczak

I will answer your questions about encased coins (lucky pennies), which are advertising and event tokens with coins, unually cents, struck with the token.

Long time collector of encased coins and author of several articles on encased coins.

TAMS, ECI (Encased Collectors International)

TAMS -- several articles on encased coins, in particular the encased coins of the 1901 Buffalo Pan American Exposition
Casement -- many articles on encased coins