Coin and Paper Money Collecting/2005 buffalo quarter

Question
I have a 2005 Kansas Buffalo quarter. The images are upside down from each other. What value if I decide to sell?
Thank you

Answer
Hello,

It sounds like you are talking about the orientation of the images on the front and back relative to each other. US coins are made with coin alignment or coin orientation. This means if you hold the coin with the obverse/heads side facing you and you turn it from left to right the reverse/tails image will be upside down.

Coins from England are made with medal orientation - This means if you hold the coin with the obverse/heads side facing you and you turn it from left to right the reverse/tails image will be right side up.

If you Kansas quarter has a fully rotated reverse - 180' it would have some value. Depending on the condition it should sell for $35 to $100. If you send it to PCGS or NGC for authentication the value would be increased by $50 to $100.

BTW - if you flip the coin from bottom to top and the images are correctly oriented then its worth .25.

David McConaghy
New England Coin Exchange
Sell Your Coins Here

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy