Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Mystery coin

Question
Mystery coin
Mystery coin  

Mystery coin
Mystery coin  
Was wondering if you are familiar with this coin where its from

Answer
Hello,
This is outside my expertise but I can give you an answer. It was certainly issued by the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic, some time around 1990-1993, and it looks like a medal for good results in school/study, perhaps 1st Prize or something like that, hence the opened book on reverse. It's not a circulating coin used for purchasing goods and services.
Hope that helps. The metal looks like some base yellow alloy such as brass or bronze, I pretty much doubt it's low title gold but just in case you can have it tested for gold at a local jeweler (should take a few minutes to test it, tell him to look for 10 karats gold or something like that). I know of school medals issued in low title gold by the Soviet Republic of Moldavia around the same time, that's why I mentioned that.

Regards!

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Bogdan C.