Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Questions Answered by Expert Bogdan C.

SubjectDate Asked
Mystery coin1/7/2017
  Q: Was wondering if you are familiar with this coin where its from
  A: This is outside my expertise but I can give you an answer. It was certainly issued by the Russian ...
Spanish & Eyptian Coin11/14/2016
  Q: I have two coins that I have had for a very long time and would love to know if they are worth ...
  A: This one looks like a 4 reales Spanish coin dated 1731, presumably struck in silver. Again its ...
Old rare coin. Neopolian II 1860 copper coin11/20/2015
  Q: My boyfriend found a Neapolitan II 1860 copper coin. One side Nepolian. The other side 1860 wreath. ...
  A: Modern coins are not my field of interest but I can give you a general answer for this one. As much ...
Need help to id coin10/13/2015
  Q: Can I send you a pic so I can find out what this is
  A: If genuine, this is an ancient coin so it's quite outside my field of expertise, as I mentioned on ...
Ancient coin9/28/2015
  Q: Bought this coin in Israel just at front of the church of the holy sepulcher!however i lost the ...
  A: Sorry I haven't got the notification about your question until today. It looks to me like a ...
wallachia coin6/17/2015
  Q: Hi I purchased this wallachia coin I was hoping you could point me in the right direction for ...
  A: Price, The only reliable online references for this type of Wallachian coin - a silvered billon ...
fals sau real5/5/2015
  Q: BUNA SEARA va rog sa-mi spune-ti daca aceste 2 monezi sunt false sau reale va trimit foto in 2 serii ...
  A: Buna seara, Din imagini este intodeauna dificil sa se decida asupra autenticitatii unei monede, mai ...
Silver Dragon Dollar Coins1/27/2015
  Q: If a silver dragon dollar coin that is dated late 1800 through early 1900 has only 80-90% silver ...
  A: Although I'm not an expert in the field of Asian coinage, I can tell you for sure that silver is NOT ...
Satin finish ?1/20/2015
  Q: A British 1965 cupro-nickel Crown (Five Shillings)(Elizabeth II)(Churchill Commemorative), ...
  A: I'm sorry but your question can be answered better by someone with a good knowledge of modern and ...
Old Coin1/19/2015
  Q: My dad told me a story last night as a boy 4 yrs old while his father was digging to plant trees on ...
  A: It's certainly not a Venetian coin but an Ottoman copper coin, from the first half of the 19th ...
evaluare1/17/2015
  Q: Buna, am gasit printre lucrurile vechi a familiei doua mionezi(atasat poze), ma puteti ajuat sa le ...
  A: Buna ziua, Amandoua sunt monede austriece/austro-ungare, prima datata 1895 a doua 1760. Prima e ...
EXANO 173011/13/2014
  Q: I have a token, about the size of a US 1 dollar coin on one side at the top it says either EXANO ...
  A: As I mentioned, a decent photo is always necessary to make an ID and evaluation. Otherwise it's only ...
Unknown Coin looking for an identity9/3/2014
  Q: Please can you take a look at this coin that I found recently in a river in the UK. I am interested ...
  A: This one is out of field of expertise but I'll try to help. The scripts on this token look like ...
coin or not ?8/28/2014
  Q: Are these coins because if not they are getting thrown in trash. Thank you
  A: These aren't from my field so you'll have to ask someone with expertise in Oriental/Chinese coinage. ...
Found coin6/7/2014
  Q: I recently found this coin. I was told it was a gold plated replica. Can you tell me what it is a ...
  A: I'm sorry for the delayed reply, apparently I haven't got the email notification about your ...
Re: Old ancient coin.4/11/2014
  Q: Mr Bogdan C, I have this coin look alike Persian coin,size 45 mm. diameter with thickness 2 ...
  A: Augus, This one is clearly out my field of knowledge but some things I can point out for you. ...
wondering what kinda coin this is4/2/2014
  Q: I wanna know then name and value of this coin if it has any
  A: It's a Western European one but I'll try to help you anyway. It looks like a silver coin of Johann ...

All Questions in This Category

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Bogdan C.

Top Expert on this page