Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Questions Answered by Expert Marc Eichler

SubjectDate Asked
Reputable Dealer9/13/2016
  Q: I'm considering purchasing some morgan dollars from https://www.nashvillecoingallery.com/ do the ...
  A: I don't have my Red Book handy, but those prices look high to me. Honestly what some of my friends ...
$50 bill offset5/13/2016
  Q: I have a 1996 $$50 bill where the back is off set. The bill has been folded at least 4 times and one ...
  A: I personally like to hold onto any notes with errors on them, when finances allow. That said, yours ...
Jefferson nickel error4/3/2016
  Q: head over heal, the image on the back is sideways. Is this a common, known error for this coin? ...
  A: There's really no such thing as a common error, but your case really stumps me. I don't recall ever ...
Silver colored penny6/27/2015
  Q: I have a silver colored Lincoln penny Dated 1978; minted in Denver. I do not believe the coin is ...
  A: I have actually heard of this, but am not too well read on steel cents after 1943. I'm actually on ...
Bicentennial Coin4/19/2015
  Q: I have a coin that has a Coronet looking right on the face surrounded by 13 stars. The reverse has ...
  A: I apologize for it taking several hours to respond. I wanted to look through my materials and ...
i dont know what to call this3/20/2015
  Q: I was given two quarters with colorized photos of the 2008 presidential candidates the McCain coin ...
  A: Unfortunately, from a numismatic point of view, adding color to the coins destroys their value to a ...
Sacagawea p vip strike1/24/2015
  Q: Is this a vip strike? What is it? Is it rare? Should ngc grade it? I have seen only little info on ...
  A: It's hard to give an opinion from this picture. If there's a coin shop near you, I'd suggest taking ...
Odd coin1/17/2015
  Q: Found this 04 florida D state quarter tryn to figure out wht I have here
  A: It appears to be PMD (post mint damage) with a lot of handling. Perhaps this coin was in a car ...
coin value12/29/2014
  Q: How much is a 1915 D good condition liberty 1/2 dollar worth & a 1935 plain buffalo nickel Worth ...
  A: I'd need to see close-up pictures of the front and back of each coin. Coin collecting goes further ...
I think I found a 2008 penny with discrepancies9/17/2014
  Q: Is it possible for a 2008 penny to have what appears to be a small thin 0 in the second 0 of 2008, ...
  A: The second 0 could be the result of a double dye at the Mint. I'd need to see a picture. As far as ...

All Questions in This Category

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Marc Eichler

Top Expert on this page