Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Questions

SubjectDate AskedExpert
Cadillac Desk Table 2403/22/2017Fred Taylor
  Q: Mr Taylor, Greetings from Atlanta Ga. I found your name in my search to identify origin of a desk ...
  A: Doug - You have done your homework well. Your early 20th century Cadillac desk is Mission style, ...
Moritz madler,Leipzig- Lindenay antique trunk3/22/2017Marvin D. Miller
  Q: My boyfriend found this antique trunk at the curb. Let me just say, love this site. It has a label ...
  A: Sandie, It sounds like a nice find even if someone did paint it. I've had a couple Madler trunks ...
Would like to know more on this table3/21/2017Fred Taylor
  Q: Good afternoon, I inquired this table about 12 years ago from my great grandmother and I was ...
  A: Sheila - Wm A. Berkey was formed in Grand Rapids in 1859. In 1950 it was sold to John Widdicomb Co, ...
Antique trunk found in dad's attic3/21/2017Marvin D. Miller
  Q: The only info I have about this trunk is on the lock: Eagle Lock Co. Terryville, CT, pat'd in 1892, ...
  A: Sue, I've studied the trunk and lock patents and know a fair amount about the shipping and trade of ...
Type of Cigar Store Indian3/19/2017Russell Barnes
  Q: Is there is a way to tell the maker of the piece? Also are these statues made to represent a ...
  A: I have already answered this question, why do you think if you ask the same question every day you ...
  A: I do not know if the modern (20th century or newer) Cigar Store Indians have a makers mark or other ...
Appraisal of my swivel rocking chair3/18/2017Fred Taylor
  Q: Mr. Taylor. I saw a swivel rocking chair by the road near my house with a "FREE" sign on it. After ...
  A: Patricia - Your chair appears to be a glider rather than a swivel rocker. A swivel rocker rotates ...
Antique thimble collection3/14/2017Irene Schwall
  Q: I am interesting in finding someone who can appraise my mother's thimble collection. There are a ...
  A: As you are probably aware, it is next to impossible to appraise anything without holding it in your ...
serial number; correct colors3/10/2017Rodger Knutson
  Q: I have what I believe to be a Mills Black Cherry from 1945-46. Where do I find the serial number? ...
  A: I love the Mills black cheery, there are a lot of them but that was the first machine I have had and ...
Slot machine3/10/2017Rodger Knutson
  Q: I am looking to see what this answorth consolidated industries Ariscrat sheerline machine ...
  A: This machine is totally a machine made overseas for I guess the UK market. It has a U.S. 10 cent ...
Frank and sons rocking chair3/8/2017Fred Taylor
  Q: Taylor, I have an old rocking chair and I was wondering if you could tell me anything about it? ...
  A: Ted - Frank & Sons was located at 470 Park Ave S, New York in the early 20th century. Your platform ...
Grand Rapids Chair Co buffet3/6/2017robert klein
  Q: I'd like to know the age, style and approximate value of this buffet. A metal plate inside reads ...
  A: I'm not gonna be able to tell you the wood with that paint on there. The drawer bottom and sides ...
Trying to identify 1879 Trunk origin3/4/2017Marvin D. Miller
  Q: I hope you are doing good, I was given this old trunk by a ladie I help moving out of her home, ...
  A: This trunk is a style that was originally called a barrel stave top trunk with embossed (or ...
old chairs3/2/2017robert klein
  Q: I found 4 of six old chairs to be useable, on a street corner in the Bronx, NYC 36 years ago. I ...
  A: The patent date refers only to the casters. if they are original to the chairs it does tell us that ...
Corner table3/1/2017robert klein
  Q: Mr. Klein, I am trying to find out about this piece of furniture. Can you please tell me time ...
  A: This is an Eastlake victorian piece dating around 1885-90. would like to see a picture of the ...
Marble imperial desk3/1/2017robert klein
  Q: I recently bought this desk from a thrift store and I am having a very hard time finding any ...
  A: cant really see the condition in the photos but if condition is good then a price of 450-650 would ...
Antique Barrell Trunk (painted with rust)2/24/2017Marvin D. Miller
  Q: Fairly rough looking and some rusted out sheet metal but intact. Anything you can tell me about it? ...
  A: The trunk you found is a barrel top cross slat style trunk with metal covering, made probably ...
Quaint Furniture of Character Dining Set2/20/2017robert klein
  Q: Mr. Klein, I was hoping to establish the value of this dining room set for insurance purposes. The ...
  A: from the late 1920s wood looks like birch. this is collectable but prices vary depending on the ...
Martha Sewing Cabinet2/20/2017Fred Taylor
  Q: I have acquired an old Martha Sewing Cabinet. It has a metal tag inside that says Scholle's ...
  A: Laura - I assume you mean a Martha Washington sewing cabinet. Martha's original sewing cabinet was ...
Military bridge model kit2/13/2017Marvin D. Miller
  Q: I'm not sure this qualifies as a trunk, but curious if you can tell me anything (value, history, ...
  A: Brent, That's a very interesting item. I would call the case a chest, specially made for the ...
Shwayder Trunk2/11/2017Marvin D. Miller
  Q: I am receiving a family metal/flat top Shwayder Trunk- Age unknown- missing key- does have leather ...
  A: Kathy, Since the Shwayder trunk company was started in 1910 and made many types of trunks over a ...
Leaf2/10/2017robert klein
  Q: My husband and I are unable to get the leaf that hides under the table to come out. I was wondering ...
  A: send pictures of the table to my email. send them as attachments, not as part of the body of the ...
Smoker Cabinet2/8/2017Fred Taylor
  Q: My boyfriend and I purchased this cabinet at an auction and are looking for information about the ...
  A: Daniela - Smoking stands were first popular around the turn of the century and then the popularity ...
Cedar chest2/5/2017Marvin D. Miller
  Q: Trying to figure out who the manufacturer is of this chest. Need replacement parts as well as I ...
  A: Shannon, I'm sorry I can't help identify the maker of your cedar chest. There were quite a few ...
seeburg 777 slot machine1/23/2017Rodger Knutson
  Q: I have been asked to troubleshoot a Seeburg antique slot machine for a friend of mine. He bought ...
  A: It does sound like you have fried one of the voltage taps or sections of your transformer. Problem ...
Evaluation on Dining Room1/23/2017robert klein
  Q: I need to inquire about the value of the dining room set,its style, and probable date of ...
  A: please send pictures of each piece to my email and include this post with the pictures. send ...
North Wind Chair1/19/2017robert klein
  Q: This chair was given to my great aunt by a wealth family she worked for in Cincinnati around the ...
  A: I do not see this as having been dipped. I believe this to be an original coating. it is not ...
Rocking Chair1/18/2017Fred Taylor
  Q: I bought this chair recently at an auction. What can you tell me about the style and the approximate ...
  A: Linda - Your spindle back chair is a "faux" Shaker rocker. It looks somewhat like a Shaker but it ...
what kind of claw feet are these on this curio cabinet?1/15/2017robert klein
  Q: I have a curio cabinet with different kind of claw feet, they look like Deer hoofs, Can you tell ...
  A: oak curved oak china cabinet with claw feet. made 1880-1910. Good one! there were many ...
refinishing furniture1/14/2017robert klein
  Q: I have a set of Virginia House Maple dressers from the 50's, the tops of which were in very poor ...
  A: Please post pictures of the rings. Use the follow up function to do so. Here's your problem, you ...
Steamer Trunk1/13/2017Marvin D. Miller
  Q: I have an old hump top steamer trunk with no markings that I can see. It has wooden slats that run ...
  A: I can help some with information about your trunk but not the framed prints. The trunk is an ...
Brandt Cabinet Works Octagon table1/12/2017Fred Taylor
  Q: I have recently acquired this unique table. I have searched and searched to find if it's an antique ...
  A: Joanna - Your table is typical of many "occasional" tables made during the Depression era of the ...
jockey club1/10/2017Rodger Knutson
  Q: Rodger I'm contacting you in regards to information you gave to a person about a Jockey Club slot ...
  A: I have searched my allexperts site and can't find anything where I answered questions on a Jockey ...
Sligh-Lowry Leather Top Desk1/9/2017robert klein
  Q: I purchased a Sligh-Lowry Leather Top Desk from a friends. It has a number stamped on its underside: ...
  A: The company name became Sligh-Lowery in 1940 and kept is so until 1968. Teh desk looks in the ...
Imperial Table 4 legs pie crust top1/8/2017robert klein
  Q: I have this table that has four legs, ea leg with four toes and a pie crust top. The top is badly ...
  A: top probably is mahogany veneer. tea table from the 1920-40 era. well made by a good company. as ...
Wm A Berkey tables1/6/2017robert klein
  Q: I have a pair of beautiful Wm A Berkey mahogany end tables that I purchased 30 years ago at an ...
  A: This style was a cornerstone of production of the company around 1920. If all surfaces are good ...
Antique Empire Sofa / Approximate Value1/5/2017robert klein
  Q: We have an antique sofa that I inherited from my mother. It is, we believe, Empire and is mahogany ...
  A: based on what I see and what you have said about the back we can place this at 1830-40s, condition ...
Flat top trunk1/3/2017Marvin D. Miller
  Q: Mr Miller, I recently received a trunk as a gift. I can't find any that resemble it. Could you give ...
  A: Yes, I can give you information about your trunk but you may find it hard to believe. Many people ...
Empire Revival Library Table1/2/2017robert klein
  Q: I received this library table from my grandmother about 30 years ago. She said it was an antique ...
  A: use the followup function and post full view of the top and show another of the front and side of a ...
Roos cedar chest12/31/2016Marvin D. Miller
  Q: We were just given a good cedar chest with lot number 196483 and piece number 91. How much is this ...
  A: Sandi, The Ed Roos Company made many styles of cedar chests at Forest Park, IL (the Forest Park ...

Page:    1  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  9  |  10   |  Next

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

Top Expert on this page