Collectibles-General (Antiques)/MADDOX FURNITURE QUESTION

Kris wrote at 2012-03-20 21:51:01
I recently (2012) bought the same desk (Maddox Colonial Reproductions) at an Indiana consignment store.  I'm interested in learning more about it as well.  My desk is green but it has the very same painting of roses and butterflies on it (although perhaps in a different color scheme -- it's difficult to tell from your picture).  The signature on the painting is "Barton."  If it is a "one off," as the previous responder suggests, it seems odd that there would be more than one of them with the very same pattern.  

Grace wrote at 2014-06-30 00:02:06
I too have a similar desk with the sticker, but no number on the back. The color is yellowish cream. There is a floral design on the drawer fronts and sides.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida