Collectibles-General (Antiques)/old chair

Brent wrote at 2012-12-04 19:06:45
These chairs were made with the curved patterned perforated plywood seat and back.  A chair exactly like this resides at the Commanding Officer's House in Historic Fort Wayne.  The chair was originally part of the furnishings of the log cabin that was home to Senator Thomas W. Palmer in Palmer Park (Detroit) This chair could be an early American Vermont Windsor chair dating from the early 1800's and be quite valuable as a piece of early Americana furniture.  

cynda wrote at 2014-12-27 13:10:16
My sister has two similar Chairs with the punched backs. One is a child's chair (found in TN) and the other is just an "odd" chair found in an estate sale. They cleaned up beautifully. If you'd like to see a picture, just email me- . my name is Cynda.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Anderson's Restorations-Rob Anderson

We can answer questions about wicker repair and restoration, chair seating[caning-rush-splint-danish cord] , brass and copper polishing, veneering and veneer repair. WE WILL NOT GIVE APPRAISALS or answer "WHATS IT WORTH" questions. If you want a value, contact us for our current costs for this service.

Just entered our 40th year doing this work. We started in Fl and have been in NC for the last 15 years. We have a web site where we have alot of information about us and a blog at where we have many before and after photos of our work.We also are experienced in Fiat Jolly Seats and other automobile seating and work on Horse Drawn Carriage pieces.

Past president of a historical museum

Antique Shoppe Newspaper, Yadkin Valley Living Magazine, Antique Lynks Newspaper

Seminole HS in Seminole FL class of 1965 and some college before entering service. US Army

Asked to demonstrate seat weaving at the NC Musuem of History, Paleigh, for 3 days. Demonstrated at the Mountain Heritage Festival, Sparta,NC.

Restoring 35 pieces of wicker for the Governors Mansion, Raleigh,NC paid through private funding.