Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Drum or round pedestal table

Kathy wrote at 2008-09-07 16:32:52
I googled Warsaw Furniture Co in KY because I am hoping to purchase a piece of their furniture and ran across Shirley's question.  I worked there about 20 years ago.  It has since been demolished & a gas station replaced it.  As far as knowledge about the furniture, I know very little.  However, I can help you locate the former owner.  He owns a business in Carrollton, KY called LanCay.  If you'd like to search for their phone number, I'm sure he can probably help you.  He is elderly but last I saw of him his memory was very sharp.

Jean wrote at 2009-02-22 19:38:48
I too have a table marked with W F MFG Co, Warsaw, KY on the bottom.  This table is a card table with collapsible legs.  Is there anyway to find out about this Manufacturing company.  I have read in recent column about other tables manufactured by same company.  This is a really nice card table with inlay wood on top and decorative legs.

Kate wrote at 2009-06-06 14:17:48
I have also been trying to find info on the Warsaw Mfg. Co.  I have an oak hall tree with claw feet on the front, 4 ornate double large and double small hooks, leaves carved on the top two corners, beveled mirror with a beautiful curved oak frame around mirror.  There are two shipping labels on the back.  In hand writting it says: T Ashley Dent, Klingman Sample Furn Co, Grand Rapids, MI and the printing underneath says The Warsaw Furniture Mfg Co, Warsaw, Ky.  I have had the piece for about 25 years.  I was interested in more of the history about it and also possibly interested in selling it.

Freddy wrote at 2013-07-26 21:15:13
Kate, I just inherited the same piece from my grandmother.  Were you able to find anymore history about this piece???

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida