Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Blue Bird Furniture Mfg.

Ken Norton wrote at 2010-02-16 04:46:18
I have a display cabinet from 1940's with a mfg.co plate as follows: The Blue Bird Furniture Mfg Co.

The Blue Bird Line

5607 Santa Fe Ave

Los Angeles, California  

Hope this may help locate the company

E. Ward wrote at 2010-11-17 02:29:32
I have a dining set my same co with paper labels, photo avail.

address given as : 5607-5619 Santa Fe Avenue

Gerri wrote at 2011-01-11 01:57:51
I too have a table with 7 chairs 1 of which is an arm chair.  It has a metal plate with The Blue Bird Mfg Co 5607 Senate Ave Los Angeles, CA and then also has Thr-e Blue Bird Line on the same plate.  I purchased it 43 years ago and it was a used piece of furniture at the time.  A furniture refinisher once told me it was a depression era piece of furniture.  If so that would put this in the vicinity of 80-90 years old.  

dee wrote at 2011-09-25 19:17:59
I just bought a buffet table Blue Bird Mfg as well plated. Any value? So detail and pretty

Blue AJM wrote at 2011-11-17 05:10:57
I have the table, six chairs, the buffett and hutch.  They are beautifully made.  The paperwork found in the buffett said it was purchased in 1933.  I would love to know what you find out about the company and think about the furniture.

Nancy Rapp wrote at 2011-11-22 23:24:49
I just purchased a great dining table with carved legs at the Sal Va in San Rafael,Ca. I looked underneath it when it was delivered and it has a metal plaque "Blue Bird Furniture" with the same address as others have listed. This table also has a unique apparatus for opening up for the leaf, but I didn't get a leaf with it..

I would love to see photos of the hutch or other pieces. The chairs that came with this table were not the originals, but similar so the set could be sold.

I would love to know if this furniture is referred to in any Collectible Furniture book..  

Janet Willis wrote at 2013-06-29 19:30:46
I found this on the company regarding a litigation June 17, 1936 with BANK OF AMERICA NATIONAL TRUST AND SAVINGS ASSOCIATION

website: http://scocal.stanford.edu/opinion/bank-america-etc-assn-v-cryer-24978

Mitch b wrote at 2014-07-29 00:35:34
Blue Bird Talking Machine Co. I have a dining table and chairs that belonged to my Grandparents- either from the late 20's or early 30's. I will attach a picture of the label from Blue Bird Talking Machine Co. that is underneath the table. It's a queen Anne style table in walnut and 6 chairs. It was shipped to Montgomery Ward in Oakland CA where my Grandfather must have purchased it. Wondered if you have found anything else on this company.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor