Collectibles-General (Antiques)/wardrobe

rachel wrote at 2009-08-31 17:03:47
I also have this same piece in my home it says taylor bilt on it also have u any more info on this

Nana wrote at 2011-07-29 13:15:34
I also have a Taylor Bilt Furniture chiffarobe. It is the same type and look except mine does not have a mirror on the door.  It is a lightweight piece and easy to move around.  Mine is not shiny like yours and has a dull finish.  

Brandon wrote at 2011-12-29 17:28:42
Tony, I have a similar piece to yours, made by the Taylor Bilt Furniture company in 1936. It was my grandfather's, and when he passed away my father got it, and he passed away in 2007, so now it is in my possession. I, like you, was also wanting more information on the company and also the value of the piece. I will never sell it for sentimental reasons, just interested on what I am keeping my clothes out of sight in

Lapage2 wrote at 2012-12-09 04:38:23
I have one exactly like yours. It says Taylor Bilt also.

Susan wrote at 2013-03-09 22:36:44
We also have a wardrobe that has Taylor bilt Furniture on the inside of the door. This one came from Paducah, Kentucky where it was owned by my great aunt and it came to me in the 80's. I also would like to hear about the company. I do not think it would be worth much as the wood on it is thin and it was made very cheaply. My husband has taken apart the legs to stabilize them better as the legs were falling apart. I also would not get rid of it as it has sentimental value

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida