Collectibles-General (Antiques)/National Counting & Weighing Machine

Bill Perusek wrote at 2014-12-14 00:56:46
The rights to produce the National Counting Scales were sold to a company named Ohio Counting Scale of Cleveland Ohio. They continued to make these scale until the late 1980's

I serviced them for more than 15 years starting in 1967 through 1984 when i left the company. I still work in the weights and measures industry tothis day 12/12/14

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Bill & Jan Berning

We can answer almost any question regarding antique scales of any type.

We are dealers in antique coin operated penny scales and parts. We collect antique scales of all types. Bill has been buying and selling scales and mail order penny scale parts since 1983. Jan started collecting small scales of all types in 1977. Our combined collection of antique scales contains over 2200 scales. We are the authors of the book Scales: A Collector's Guide and The revised & Expanded 2nd Edition of Scales: A Collector's Guide. Jan is the editor of "Equilibrium" the journal of The International Society of Antique Scale Collectors. Our website is

The International Society of Antique Scale Collectors, Coin Operated Collectors Association

Articles by or about the Bernings have appeared in issues of “Southeastern Antiquing and Collecting Magazine”, “This Old House”, "Reminisce", “Equilibrium” and “Country Living”.

Jan: BS FACS & Art University of Georgia