Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique doctors scale

packers526 wrote at 2014-01-08 05:36:21
hi bill n jan   I have the same scale   #91813   interested  in  what its worth  as is  ,, or if I clean it up  , paint , restore  as new  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Bill & Jan Berning

We can answer almost any question regarding antique scales of any type.

We are dealers in antique coin operated penny scales and parts. We collect antique scales of all types. Bill has been buying and selling scales and mail order penny scale parts since 1983. Jan started collecting small scales of all types in 1977. Our combined collection of antique scales contains over 2200 scales. We are the authors of the book Scales: A Collector's Guide and The revised & Expanded 2nd Edition of Scales: A Collector's Guide. Jan is the editor of "Equilibrium" the journal of The International Society of Antique Scale Collectors. Our website is

The International Society of Antique Scale Collectors, Coin Operated Collectors Association

Articles by or about the Bernings have appeared in issues of “Southeastern Antiquing and Collecting Magazine”, “This Old House”, "Reminisce", “Equilibrium” and “Country Living”.

Jan: BS FACS & Art University of Georgia